I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. I'm on my journey to finding myself self in a world where it's very easy to get lost.

Monday, January 18, 2010

1923 2010

So around 6 am this morning I'm Watching this movie "Rosewood" which is a movie that is based on a true story that happened in 1923 and in the middle of watching a group of white men beat the shit out of this black man. I began to feel angry, I was on the verge of tears. I was taken back I just started hating white people while watching this film. My phone rings and it's my mom, she's in Jamaica and she tells me she's standing over her cousin's body who was beaten to death by a gang of black men. So now i'm puzzled thinking WHAT THE FUCK!!

Did really really improve since 1923. In 1923 black people were united, we helped each other out. Now 1n 2010 we're we're no longer that way. It's no longer Blacks against Whites, we're our own worst enemy. we have so many separation between blacks it's not even funny. Good hair, Bad hair, light skinned, dark skinned, rich, poor.

It's the celebration of Martin Luther king Jr. today and I feel even worse that this happened on this day, cause now I'm just left with a whole bunch of questions. Are we honestly better off now? I know that everything is not negative but at this moment its kinda over powering the positive..

No comments:

Post a Comment