I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. I'm on my journey to finding myself self in a world where it's very easy to get lost.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Weirdo

Ever since I was a little girl all i use to see on television was stupid ass shows telling children to Just be themselves and everyone else will accept them for being just that. So why is it that everywhere I go all I see is clones and the few people that I see that are truly making an effort to be themselves are getting knocked for it. It took me twenty one years to be the person that I am today, and I am still a work in progress. I'm at the point in my life where I've made a lot of mistakes but I learned from them. I've spent way too much time caring and following others, I'm at a good point in my life where I honestly...Well I'm not gonna say I don't care what people think of me but I am gonna saw despite what people think of me I'm gonna do what I want anyway. when are people gonna the only person you're hurting in the long run when youre pretending to be someone that you're not is yourself. I wish I would have had this mentality years ago but I'm very happy I found it. Yes i like taking showers at 3am, yes I stare at clouds because i find them fascinating, yes I wash my hair almost everyday, yes I like watching the twilight zone and shits about aliens maybe I'm just curious. I can spend hous by myself and not get bored. i'd rather listen to Billie Holiday, Erykah Badu and Bob Marley rather than, Gucci mane, nicki minaj and drake. It's not a fucking crime it's just me. i can't go a week without being called a weirdo but the funny thing is that no one can explain to me why I'm so weird. everyone is weird or does things out of the norm but only few admit it. Whats so cool about being normal anyway, I feel bad for "normal" because they are too insecure to think for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. i can relate entirely to this b/c i got told that i was weird for forever and still do. i laugh though and keep striving to differentiate myself from these "normies" ;)
    i really liked this and glad to know that there are others out there that share the same thoughts as my own...

    ReplyDelete