I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. I'm on my journey to finding myself self in a world where it's very easy to get lost.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just be you

As a child I had long curly hair that no one was able to control. The kids in school made fun of me because of it. I eventually grew tired so at age nine my grandmother walked in my room to find me with my ponytail in my hand. After that the other kids still made fun of me because now I didn’t have enough hair. My hair eventually grew back and I had long curly hair again. I was now in junior high where most of my peers had straight hair. I couldn’t get straight hair because my mom wouldn’t let me. She finally gave in at my 8th grade graduation and now I had straight hair like everyone else, I hated it. My junior year of hair school I discovered hair dye, then later on hair extensions. I’ve had short, long medium, jet black, light brown, pink, red, and purple hair. I’ve chopped my hair off a few more times, and now my hair is back to its right color and texture.


Don’t be afraid to try new things; don’t be afraid to take risk. People are going to judge you no matter what you do more people will appreciate you for just being yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment